Thursday, September 15, 2011

Titanium Druzy

This is what challenged me yesterday... late last night I got it right... This is an unusual stone.. in face, I did not believe it was a natural gemstone... I didn't care... and wait until you see a few others I picked up at the same time... BUT... I googled and according to those who know stones, it is real... according to my googles... Titanium druzy is real and not natural.. it needs a bit of help.. Titanium druzy is agate druzy that has been coated with titanium in a vacuum chamber. It produces a permanent metal coating in shades of gold, silver, bright or dark blue or iridescent white...the finished product can even have a changing rainbow hue as you turn it to change the viewing angle. As you might imagine, Titanium druzy can be difficult to photograph. I've tried different backgrounds as you can see in the four photos below... but overall it has a great sense of industrial rawness that I love.



No comments: